Tuesday, June 14, 2005

You gotta hit it with a spoon.

J-Ma writes:

Ever since I've had my house (going on 8 yrs) my stovetop fan has needed a kick start. I will turn it on and it always just makes this horrible banging sound and every time (even though I know there's not) I think there is a bird or some kind of perhaps even larger animal fighting to get out.

Then I grab my trusty spoon from the utensil spindle and give it about 3 or 4 good whacks and BAM! It starts whirling away not very quietly still but much more steady and less noisy than before.

Instead of being annoyed I have found it very therapeutic, using it to my advantage to release pent-up aggression. I don't know what I'd do if it actually just worked on its own one day.

3 Comments:

Blogger BattleCobra90000 said...

You would probably feel the satisfaction that comes with knowing the machines serve us.

I suggest we form some kind of anti-fan splinter group.

6/14/2005 9:11 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

I'm one step ahead of you, BC90000.

One step ahead of you.

(?)

6/14/2005 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kitchen exhaust fan also sucks! Oh, it "works" just fine, but it's so damn loud it's scary, and it doesn't do anything (exhaust-wise) as far as I can tell.

6/30/2005 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home