Tuesday, June 21, 2005

You gotta hang a sopping wet washcloth on it.

Joanna writes:

Lately when I go to drain the bath water, the flippy, water stopper thing gradually eases its way from the "down" position, to the "up" position. It originally kind of freaked me out, like some supernatural force was playing a game with me. But after mentioning it to a co-worker, he said something along the lines of, "Sounds like you got some hair and gunk cloggin up the pipe, causing some pressure..." But instead of calling my manager, and risking the humiliation of whatever "gunk" might be in there, I have discovered that draping a heavy, wet washcloth over the flipper does the trick. This weighs it down and keeps it from snapping up (and keeps me from discovering nasty, night-old bath water the next morning when I go to shower).

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Fine, I'll be the first to say it:

Hey, drain-thing! Just who do you think you are?

6/25/2005 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH! God made you to stay down and drain! Now DRAIN, you spiteful son-of-a-gun!!

6/28/2005 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gunk is such a personal shame. You've really made me think.

6/30/2005 10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This kind of thing happens to me a lot.

I'd rather keep believing it was some weird supernatural thing than work out what it realy is.

8/18/2005 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home